A Lebanese journalist on Sunday told Israel's Ma'ariv newspaper that Israeli army officials called him several times during last year's Second Lebanon War to warn of impending air raids on Hizballah positions in Beirut.
The source said that many other journalists were also notified prior to such bombings in an effort to clear as many civilians from the target areas as possible.
Israeli army officials questioned by the newspaper did not confirm or deny the Lebanese reporter's claims, but did say that “many methods were used as part of the implementation of the Israel Defense Force's responsibility to give advance notice to the civilian population before an attack.”
Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates