Israeli army officials cited by The Jerusalem Post at the weekend said the Jerusalem-area home of last week's bulldozer terrorist may be sealed instead of demolished because another family lives in the building.
Israeli leaders began a frenzied effort to ensure all legal bases were covered before officially ordering the demolition of Husam Dwayat's home in the Jerusalem village of Sur Baher after he attacked pedestrians, cars and public buses with a massive earth-moving bulldozer on a busy downtown street last Wednesday killing three and wounding dozens.
Defense Minister Ehud Barak said he would also order the demolition of the eastern Jerusalem home of another Arab terrorist who killed eight young Jewish Bible students at a yeshiva in the capital back in March.
Some worried that the government had already waited too long to destroy the terrorists' homes, and that in the end the order would never be given and Israel would still have established no deterrence against its own Arab citizens joining the ranks of its enemies.
Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates