Media fails to report terrorist shooting against Israeli settlers

Monday, April 27, 2009 |  Israel Today Staff

An Arab terrorist shot at least a dozen bullets at a car carrying six Israeli Jews south of Hebron last week, but neither the Israeli nor the international medias paid the attack any attention.

Israel National News finally brought the incident to light after being contacted by one of the victims of the shooting.

No one was injured in the attack, and eyewitnesses said the terrorist managed to flee into a nearby Palestinian village before Israeli security forces arrived at the scene.

Security officials later confirmed to Israel National News that an attack had taken place, and that at least a dozen bullets shells had been found at the scene, but said all other details were being withheld while they hunt down the perpetrator.

But it was the Israeli media's silence that was so concerning, considering efforts in recent years to stir up contempt for religious Jewish settlers, especially those in the Hebron region, who tend to take their God-given right to the land more seriously than others.

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates

Current Issue

Advertisements



Sign Up for Daily Email Updates

Keep up with events in Israel with our FREE daily email newsletter and special offers.

Popular Posts

More News