Israeli settlers on Monday again succeeded in preventing government representatives from delivering no-work orders at construction sites in several of their communities in Judea and Samaria. The settlers said they view the orders as coming directly from the Obama Administration, which is using Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as its puppet to accomplish its goals in the region.
"Netanyahu does what the Americans tell him to do," a high school-aged girl who helped block entry to inspectors a day earlier in Kedumim told Israel National News, adding, "What are we? Ragdolls of the Americans? We are fed up."
In Monday's main confrontation, a group of young settler girls surrounded inspectors as they entered the community of Ma'aleh Levonah. Anti-terror police units arrived and forcibly removed the girls, but the inspectors and police decided to pull back as more of the community's members came out to help the youths.
Netanyahu later acknowledged that this original settlement freeze decree did not include halting construction that is already underway, and said he is not sure why the Defense Ministry is issuing no-work orders on those projects.
Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates