The "Occupy Boston" branch of the "Occupy Wall St." social movement in the US stormed the Israeli Consulate in Boston on Friday. It was yet another demonstration of the anti-Israel and anti-Semtitic tendencies that many Jews and Israelis fear forms part of the underlying base of the "Occupy" movement.
Previous anti-Semitic outbursts at "Occupy" events have been brushed off by the media and the activists as the actions of a small minority of "crazies." But the march on the Israeli Consulate in Boston was a sanctioned event appearing in the official schedule on the Occupy Boston website.
The group said the march on the consulate was in response to Israel's interception of the latest "humanitarian" flotilla trying to break the maritime blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.
A number of activists managed to break into the lobby of the Israeli Consulate, which was empty of personnel at the time as the Jewish Sabbath had already started.
Publishing up-to-the-minute updates from the scene, Occupy Boston organizer Kade Ellis wrote on her Twitter account, "Not another nickel! Not another dime! No more money for Israel's crimes!"
US Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts issued a statement strongly condemning the march on the Israeli Consulate.
"This group of protesters has a poisonous message which needs to be loudly refuted," said Brown. "It was shocking to hear the protestors chanting anti-Israel slogans in support of the terrorist-backed intifada uprising, which has created so much misery and death in Israel."
The incident was almost completely ignored by the mainstream media.
Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates