First compensation checks go out to Gaza settlers

Thursday, April 14, 2005 | 
The Israeli government has written its first compensation checks to Gaza settlers, for about 75 percent of the total amount. The average compensation package is $300,000 per family. The remaining 25 percent would be paid when the settlers leave their homes. But Gaza settler Rachel Sapperstein doesn't want money--she wants to stay in her home. “We are going to resist up until the end,” she told Israel Radio. Still, a growing number of settlers believe the Gaza pullout is a done deal. So some have decided to take the money and run.

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates

Current Issue

Get Your Israel Today App Now!

Your Vacation Apartment in Jerusalem

 

For Information & Reservations:

E-Mail: info@israeltoday.co.il

TEL.: +972-2-6226881

ADVERTISEMENTS

Popular Posts

A Growing Trend: Brave Muslim Zionists
Muslims and Arabs who openly...
An Enemy Even More Dangerous Than ISIS
As an Israeli who has lived...