At sundown today the final ceremonies of Memorial Day - Yom HaZikaron are held. And then Independence Day begins. The flags are returned to full mast and Independence Day begins. It is no coincidence that she celebrates independence day immediate after remembering her fallen which guarantees her freedom.
Israel is a very young country. Just 69 years old, a relative baby amongst the nations!
Yet, even as a "junior", Israel has already survived a few bloody wars and recorded remarkable achievements:
- Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, has the highest number of academics per capita worldwide.
- With more than 3,000 high-tech companies, the country, in proportion to its size, has more start-up companies than any other nation.
- Israel stands out with inventions like the USB stick, 3-D printers, treatments for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and multiple sclerosis.
- We occupy the 2nd place worldwide per capita for publication of books.
- She has produced nine Nobel Prize winners and managed to transform barren deserts into flowering farmland in record time.
This is only a small sample of the divine successes of our small, contested land. Israel exists and lives!
Mazal Tov Israel and congratulations! May you stay united, flourish and never forget who holds His hand over your existence!
On this auspicious occasion we are offering 20% discount off our complete store for 48 hours only!