Mofaz orders return to targeted assassinations

Monday, December 05, 2005 | 
After the second straight day of attacks, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz ordered the army to resume the policy of targeted killings in response to the intensified rocket attacks by Palestinians against Israel. Mofaz wants to take harsher steps to quell the rocket attacks. One Israeli was wounded in the attack and several residents were treated for shock. “The entire community is in panic, everyone heard the explosions, and people are panicking,” one resident said. “This attack was not like others in the past, and it was much stronger in its intensity than the (rockets) that fell here previously.” The Israeli Air Force bombed the areas from which the rockets were launched. One officer said that while the terror organizations are trying to improve the rockets’ distance capability, they currently have an eight-to-10-kilometer range and that 70 percent of the rockets fired by Palestinians have fallen in Palestinian-controlled areas in Gaza.

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates

Current Issue

Advertisements

Sign Up for Daily Email Updates

Keep up with events in Israel with our FREE daily email newsletter and special offers.

Popular Posts

More News