Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.
This past summer in Israel, especially in the south of the country, Israeli children were extremely traumatised by the ongoing violence emanating from Gaza. With over 5000 rockets and mortars having been fired at Israel's civilian population, children have been especially affected.
Some of the ways that Israel's children of the south have been affected are :
- Serious economic hardships due to businesses closing placing families in dire straits.
- Summer camps were cancelled leaving children without ways to enjoy their summer vacation.
- Families debating whether to leave the southern communities for relative safety or to stay and try to keep their heads afloat.
- Many children have subsequently been diagnosed with PTSD
- The government's inability to support business, families and children causing Israeli citizens to rally to the aid of the residents of the south.
This Hanukka we at Israel today are planning to cheer up the children of the south by giving them "Hanukka Gift Baskets". In this way that we hope to assist the children of the south overcome and recover from the disastrous effects of this past summer's violence.
We could never do it alone but with your help and support we could "do our bit" and help!
Together we will be able to "step up to the plate" and help the children of Israel's south. For each gift you give you will sponsor 2 Gift Baskets for the children of the south!!