Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.
Parents in Israel are fully aware that children are a blessing from the Father. It is no accident that Israel enjoys one of the lowest rates of child abuse in the world. Little children are able to walk freely on their own, day and night, in Israel, and are seldom, if ever, accosted.
In today's modern world education is at a premium. As education becomes more and more high-tech, ongoing education becomes more and more expensive. Those young people without good educational opportunities face adult life without means – and so the poverty cycle continues.
For Israel's large immigrant population, inability to speak Hebrew on a business level limits work opportunities, and children grow up in families on National Income Support, which is insufficient to ensure a financially secure future in terms of full health and education, particularly for larger families.
Israel Today has been committed for many years to ensuring a quality life for all Israeli children. Through the generosity of subscribers and readers of the magazine, Israel Today is able to:
- provide food packages for new immigrant families
- provide back-to-school packages
- support underprivileged children, for example, by providing meals and financing extra-mural activities
- support Be'ad Chaim (Pro-Life) and contribute to saving many babies who would otherwise become abortion statistics
- support a Messianic Elementary school
AND for every gift received for Israeli children in need during December, watch the mail for Israel Today's gift to you – a FREE Be'ad Chaim 'Living Fruit' Calendar!