ZAKA – (Zihui Korbanot Ason) Disaster Victim Identification
ZAKA approached us with a request for financial support. Since the Jewish duty to bury a deceased person as a whole and in dignity is very important to us, we have decided to support this organization.
The vision of ZAKA Israel is:
- In the case of unnatural death, to accompany the deceased in dignity and integrity on his last journey, regardless of religion, gender or race.
- To provide free burial, grave care and administration for all deceased that lack funds.
- To bring a smile to the faces of children and their families who have been injured in terrorist attacks and car accidents.
ZAKA Israel is a non-profit organization with the following goals:
- Support of victims of terrorism and victims of hostilities and their families (including psychologists).
- Organizing summer camps for the victims of terror and assisting them in the fulfillment of their personal wishes.
- Rehabilitation of children injured in traffic accidents.
The approximately 1,500 ZAKA volunteers take care of the most painful, difficult and distressing task in Israeli society. They recover the remains of people killed in accidents, terrorist attacks and other unnatural causes 24/7.
ZAKA’s volunteers are available both in the heat and in freezing cold. They seek and collect every piece of human tissue, every drop of blood, all that is left of what was once a human after a disaster.
Holiday camp stay for a child in March or August 2019:
In March and August 2019, ZAKA will be organizing rehabilitation camps in Eilat for approximately 150 children injured in terror attacks or traffic accidents. ZAKA would like them to be able to continue their everyday lives and help them experience a moment of hope and overcome their emotional and physical pain.