Contacts working in the defense sector of the Israeli government have requested prayer from the nations on behalf of Israel at this time, more than usual.
Israel has been more divided than usual, throughout 2023, with deep political, cultural and religious disagreements. Even quintessential sectors of Israeli solidarity such as IDF pilots and commandos, suddenly have among their ranks individuals who are setting conditions for their continued reserve duty, based on halting judicial reforms carried out by an elected government.
Enemies of Israel think they are “smelling blood.” They think this is a “house divided,” that will fall to them. They think that this is an opportune time to attack. This has led jihadi, anti-Israel groups to become more emboldened than usual. Tension on the northern border with the heavily-armed, Iranian-backed Hezbollah forces in Lebanon is at the boiling point.
It has also led to an erosion of deterrence on the domestic front. Among the two million Arab Israeli citizens, clan and mafia-style violence has claimed nearly twice as many lives this year as last. Arab mayors say one main reason is the deterrence factor. Israeli army and police forces are perceived as less effective and less imposing than in the past.
- Please pray for a spirit of conviction of sin and repentance all across Israeli society.
- Please pray for basic respect, humility, civility and regard for the “other.”
- Please pray for integrity and wisdom among leaders, including judges and politicians.
- Please pray for a reverence for the God of Israel above allegiance to peer groups and affiliations.
- Please pray for unity and protection for Israel; and for confusion among Israel’s enemies.
Israel Today Membership
Save 18% Per Month.
Six Months Membership
Save 9% Per Month.