MembersIf Israel loses, God loses

Defeat must not be an option, because it could mean the end of the State of Israel. And what would that say about God?

By Aviel Schneider | | Topics: Gaza, Hamas
An Israeli soldier with a prayer shawl seen during a morning prayer near his tank near the border with Lebanon, northern Israel, October 25, 2023. Photo by Michael Giladi/Flash90

No other nation represents and defends God’s existence and glory like the chosen people in the Holy Land. So I say: Israel and God need each other. Israel is an instrument of God on this earth because Israel’s existence in the Promised Land confirms God’s existence. Defeating Israel, in the minds of our enemies, also means defeating the God of Israel. Therefore, if Israel loses this war, God loses with it. Of course, such a statement makes no sense to people who have nothing to do with God, faith and the Bible. Many of you might also disagree with me – and that’s okay.

Which god is greater?

With every dead Israeli, the Palestinian terrorists shouted “Allah hu Akhbar.” Most videos from the October 7 massacres are accompanied by the constant war cry of “Allah is greatest.” Over the last four months, I have seen endless clips taken by Hamas terrorists with their GoPro cameras. Their God, their Allah is greater than the God of Israel, they think, and that is why Muslims loudly proclaim...

Israel Today Membership

Become a Member

Get exclusive in-depth reports from Israel.

• Get exclusive in-depth reports from Israel

Connect with Israel, right from your home.

• Lift up the voice of truth and hope

Support Jerusalem-based Zionist journalism.

Already a member? .

Members

Israel Today Membership

Read all member content. Access exclusive, in-depth reports from Israel! Free Zoom events. Connect with Israel right from your home! Raise a voice of truth and hope. Support Faith-based journalism in Jerusalem!

Monthly
Membership

$5
/ month
Full access to Israel Today's Member-only content on all Digital Platforms.
Become a Member

Yearly
Membership

$46
/ year
Full access to Israel Today's Member-only content on all Digital Platforms.
Save 18% Per Month.
Become a Member

Six Months
Membership

$28
every 6 months
Full access to Israel Today's Member-only content on all Digital Platforms.
Save 9% Per Month.
Become a Member

7 responses to “If Israel loses, God loses”

1. Susan says:

Praise the Lord 🙌 I agree with all statements except “nobody really knows” how Israel will win. Ha Shem does.

“For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.”

I think this war and Yeshua’s return are intimately connected. This war is against ultimate evil and is a battle belonging to the Lord. The war IS against the Lord God of Israel. But He wins in ways that are not man’s ways.

• Esther Wischer says:

I agree, Susan. Psalm 18 – “The earth trembled and quaked, the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because He was angry. Smoke rose from His nostrils; consuming fire came from His mouth, burning coals blazed out of it…He shot His arrows and scattered the enemy, with great bolts of lightening He routed them…He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. Call upon Him, Israel, and He will deliver you!
      Also Ezekiel 38 – I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulpher on him and his troops and on the many nations with him.

2. Franciscus says:

Have the Palastinian Muslims not yet noticed, that at least since 1948, the God of Israel, has been far more powerful than their god ?

3. Robert's World says:

Psalm 60 is an enigma kind of answer to the question posed by Aviel.
    O God, You have spurned us.
    You have broken out against us.
    You have been angry. Who will bring me into the fortified city?
    Who will lead me to Edom?
    Should it not be You, O God—
    who spurned us and no longer goes out with our armies?
    Give us aid against the adversary,
    for the help of man is worthless.

David’s introduction speaks about destroying 12,000 of the enemy. Yet he appears to wonder whether God will do it.

4. G. Ian Goodson says:

God has promised that Israel will never again be uprooted. Amos 9:14 -15. As with all the nations, there is sin that must be judged. I think that this is happening. God will fight for Israel in a way that will declare His glory to the nations. I’ve read the Book. God wins. It is accomplished. Ps. 22

5. Vernon Ryan says:

It is the whole world who should be wondering what is going to happen with Israel and what effect it will have on them. The world is living on borrowed time because of its unbelief, the enemies of Israel are attacking because they have a belief in hatred and the god of hatred. It is hatred that commits atrocities and glories themselves in it. They have already lost the war, they and all who side with them around the world, are on the losing side in the conflict leading to the final conflict that will bring peace for a thousand years.
    The Lord is not done with Israel, He has not brought her this far just to discard her, He is waiting for Israel to pull herself out of the depths of unbelief and stand facing her enemies singing praises to Him and going forth with sword in hand and by faith in Him seeing her enemies melt before her into the dust bin of history as has happened dozens of times before.
    The Lord is waiting on you, Israel.