Terrorists kidnapped a 17-year-old wearing a hijab

One might expect Islamists to at least show compassion toward Muslims, but even that is not the case.

By Michael Selutin | | Topics: Hamas, Gaza
Kidnapped by Hamas. Photo courtesy of the family
Kidnapped by Hamas. Photo courtesy of the family

When Hamas terrorists entered southern Israel on October 7, they also kidnapped four members of the Alziadna family to the Gaza Strip. The family members belong to the Alziadana tribe, which lives in the Bedouin town of Rahat. The father, Yosef, worked at Kibbutz Hulit and had three of his children with him when Hamas attacked.

Although the family spoke Arabic and the daughter even wore a hijab, the four ended up as hostages in the Gaza Strip. As Muslims, Yosef Alziadna, his sons Bilal (21) and Hamza (22) and daughter Aisha (17) could not expect any mercy from the terrorists.

The family members came to know about the kidnapping through a video in which the terrorists filmed themselves abducting Bilal and Hamza. The father, Yosef, and Aisha were missing for 23 days until the family members received another video from the Israeli army showing the four together, held by terrorists in Gaza.

“Before we saw the video of the four, we were very tense, every time someone called we thought they were going to tell us that they had found the bodies,” says Ali, Yosef’s brother. “There is nothing more difficult than this. My mother hasn’t stopped crying; the whole village is crying here. If they tell me to go to Gaza and fight against the terrorists, I am ready to sacrifice my life for them.”

Yosef is married to two women, father of 18 children and grandfather of many. He was the family’s main provider and had been working on the dairy farm in Kibbutz Hulit for 17 years; recently his children also started working. “The kibbutz was like a family for him, they did everything together with the members of the community – swimming pools in the summer, events,” says Ali.

Ali also reports that his brother Yosef is a diabetic who is regularly treated with tablets and insulin. Family members tried to get him the medication he needed through the Red Cross. But they received no confirmation whether the drugs reached Yosef.