Updated Sunday, October 8, 10:35 am Israel time.
Israel was invaded Saturday morning. Not just hit by rocket fire, but invaded on the ground by Hamas.
Hundreds of heavily-armed and well-organized terrorist gunmen poured into southern Israel on Shabbat morning and occupied at least seven Israeli towns and villages in the Gaza periphery.
Early reports are of mass casualties.
We are posting up-to-the minute reports on our Telegram channel. Join us there – Israel Today on Telegram
For now, this is what’s happened:
- At least 350 Israelis dead, over 1,800 wounded.
- Over 5,000 rockets have been fired at Israel, including at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, causing widespread damage and some casualties.
- Hundreds of Hamas terrorists entered southern Israel and assaulted 21 towns and IDF positions near the Gaza Strip.
- Hamas says it has taken 57 Israeli soldiers and civilians captive (some are dead bodies, others are live captives).
- Reports of mosques urging Muslim faithful throughout the country to take to the streets and attack Jews.
- Analysts warn Hezbollah could be encouraged by Hamas’ success and attack from the north.
- Netanyahu has declared a state of war.
Israel Today Membership
Save 18% Per Month.
Six Months Membership
Save 9% Per Month.