The more people in Israel criticize and demand the removal of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the more popular he seems to be abroad. The former hardliner is more respected among the nations than he is here at home, in particular over his coronavirus vaccination drive and even as a peacemaker. The former hawk has been far more successful than his predecessors when it comes to building bridges to the Arab world. So what’s changed–Netanyahu himself, or the environment around him?
The world media are currently enthusiastic about Israel. Headlines praise Israel as a role model amid the global corona crisis.
- "Israel is the world leader in vaccination"
- "Vaccination world champion – how did this country do it?”
- “Majority in favor of a vaccination certificate based on the Israeli model”
- “Israel fights Corona more cleverly than other countries”
- “Israel is a role model for the nations”
These are just a sampling of the headlines we’ve been seeing.
Israel has on occasion received positive headlines...
Become a Member
Read all member content
Get exclusive in-depth reports from Israel.
Get exclusive in-depth reports from Israel
Connect with Israel, right from your home.
Lift up the voice of truth and hope
Support Jerusalem-based Zionist journalism.
Already a member? Login here.